Off to Bulgaria. This was our last stage. Landshut, Germany to Vidin, Bulgaria was about to be finished. We raced towards our destination and finished our epic journey:
- 18 cycling days.
- 1793 kilometres
- an average speed of 20 km per hour
- 20 kg of luggage plus water, water and water.
- bikes not stolen or broken
- unbelievable experiences
- discovering a truly beautiful Eastern Europe
- no accidents
- no bears, no wolves
- no stolen organs
- it is all about the people you meet
- it is all about the people you travel with
Thanks to all of you who turned this trip into a unique experience. It has truly broadened our horizons and we sincerely hope that you enjoyed following this blog.
More pictures will follow here or on facebook upon our return to Germany.
We are now spending some days in Sofia with our friend Maria and will thereupon take a bath in the black sea. After all, we need a good wash.
“Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli